Sunday, April 12, 2009

Off we go!

I can't believe my time in Kaikoura has finally come to an end. After four weeks of cleaning I was starting to feel that time had stopped. Now I'm off on my road trip with Toph for a whirl wind adventure through the South Island. First stop - Christchurch! We depart Kaikoura at 3:50 pm today & will be in Christchurch by 6:25. We are staying the night with Gail (my friend Emily's host mom). Then tomorrow we pick up the rental car & hit the road! I cannot wait to start driving on the left hand side of the road. Expect lots of adventures with that.

It seems my trip has gone by so fast! I've only got 2 more weeks in New Zealand. Then off to Australia for 2 weeks, back to Auckland for 2 brief nights, then Fiji for 2 nights & then I'm headed for U.S. soil. I can't believe I'll be home so soon. I'm sure these next few weeks will fly by. They'll be packed full of awesome fun too though!

Over the next 2 weeks Toph will also be keeping a blog of our travels so I advise you all to take a look at his page for more details & a different perspective. You can read his posts by clicking here. Unfortunately traveling around means sparse internet (and I have to start paying for it again), so less Skype chatting & more emails to come (and more blog posts too!).

Goodbye Kaikoura. Thanks for all the good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment