Friday, April 17, 2009

Queenstown Adventures

Yesterday Toph & I got up early & boarded the ferry back to Bluff on the mainland. Although I was half asleep on the ferry I did perk up with excitement when we past a pod of dolphins jumping out of the water. They were so beautiful. Then Toph drove from Bluff to Queenstown. It was a fast trip.

The weather has been surprisingly warm everywhere lately. Stewart Island was so nowhere near as cold as we though it would be. I mean we bought long johns to wear, but ended up not needing them. In fact Toph wore a t-shirt & shorts all day (I wore pants & long sleeves, but that’s just me). Now we’re here in Queenstown & it’s really warm. Love this! The only downside is the mountains don’t have snow on top & that’s always really pretty. Oh well, we’ll be seeing a lot of mountains here on out.

Last night we met up with our friends Andy & Todd for a night on the town that ended with dancing. I had a blast! Today Toph, Andy, Toph’s friend Gray, & I went for a picnic lunch in the flower gardens. The trees are so beautiful now with all their fall colors! We also walked through a craft market by the waterfront. There were some beautiful handicrafts.

To top of this wonderful day, Andy, Toph & I took the gondola up a mountain overlooking Queenstown. The views were beautiful! The best part was that up there they had a luge ride that we did 3 times. It was a blast! (photo coming soon) I laughed & screamed every time. Tonight we’re having a chill night & then hitting the road again tomorrow – on to Milford Sound.

3 comments:

  1. That is so weird to think that the weather is so different there, turning into fall where you are and summer where we are. Is that a soccer field below the gondola? I really like the second picture with the water, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sarah! it looks like you're having a blast! just stumbled along your blog and thought i'd drop a "hello" you're way. that pic were you're flying down the street looks amazingly fun! i'm jealous of your adventures! :) ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete