We took the scenic route & made a lot of stops on the drive yesterday. Toph drove our car the whole way with me & Gray inside. Carolyn drove the other car with Allison & Kate. I got quite car sick in the beginning. The roads in NZ go through tons of mountains all the time & are so windy – especially the scenic routes. It didn’t help that I had just drank a Dr. Pepper either. It was my first Dr Pepper in NZ! I’ve been looking everywhere for them & couldn’t find them sold anywhere. Finally in Queenstown I saw them for sale at a fudge shop & the woman told me they also sell them at the grocery store so I immediately ran there & bought a couple. My carsickness eventually faded thankfully once the road straightened out a bit.
Along the drive we stopped at a waterfall rushing under a bridge, some beautiful snow-capped mountains, and a lovely rocky beach. The scenery changes dramatically here very quickly. Around dinnertime we reached Franz Josef Glacier. We’ve lucked out with great weather here. Going for some walks today & then tomorrow the group is hiking the glacier (I will not be doing it again though – too expensive).
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to support small business owners. I understand your on a budget though, I'm strapped for cash too these days.
ReplyDelete