The beaches of Perth, I will miss you!
Today Debbie took Ashley & I out on a lovely day of beach touring. Our morning started off with a quick stop by TV station Channel 7’s headquarters to see kangaroos. Wild kangaroos in fact. For some unknown reason a mob of kangaroos lives on the large property owned by the TV station. Much of it is covered in bush yet they appear to enjoy hanging out by the road. I was very excited to see them jumping around & to see so many – there must have been a dozen total. Although the kangaroos see humans often, they were still scared of us & kept their distance. While Australians compare kangaroos to the deer we have in North America, I thought seeing them was fantastic. They were the first wild kangaroos I’ve ever seen, let alone gotten close to.After that Debbie took us to Hillary’s Boat Harbor. We walked the boardwalk, had lunch & ate some delicious gelato. There were tons of fancy boats & some not so fancy ones as well. Many of which were for sale. Also across the harbor we saw a water park that looked pretty sweet. Hillary’s Harbor is a dream for kids because there is candy stores, ice cream shops & souvenirs everywhere, not to mention playgrounds, merry-go-rounds & the water park.
The beach tour officially began once we left Hillary’s. We headed down the west coast highway that followed the coastline. There were beautiful ocean views along the way, as well as beautiful mansions too. First stop: Scarborough. There we laid out for an hour & enjoyed the sun. This beach was quite crowded though. One super cool part was the amphitheater where Debbie says they have concerts in the summer. Next we went to City Beach. This was my favorite, mostly because it was the most desolate. I had a ball playing in the sand & a bit in the waves (the water was pretty cold). We enjoyed the last few warm sun rays then on to our final stop.To top of the wonderful day Ashley, Debbie & I watched the sun set at Cottesloe Beach, our final destination. It was absolutely gorgeous! The girls drank champagne, I had sprite, & we watched the blue sky melt into oranges, reds & purples. Off in the distance you could see Rottnest Island where we had visited earlier in the week, as well as huge ships heading into Fremantle. It was the best way to finish off my Australia trip. Tomorrow morning I head to the airport. First flight is at 10am & I won’t land in Auckland until 11:50 pm. It’s going to be a long day!
No comments:
Post a Comment