January 8, 2016 – We were delayed leaving the Beagle Channel
last night due to a storm passing through. Once we were able to sail, around 8
pm, there was still very rough waters. We woke up to 24-foot waves and 60-knot
winds. Even the crew said it was the worst they’d experienced. Thankfully my
seasickness patches were working. I
didn’t feel sick, but I didn’t feel comfortable either. Kyle, having never
cruised before, didn’t know if it would affect him nor to what extent. We
briefly made an appearance at breakfast and on the way back to the room Kyle
really felt it. A big swell came and I felt nauseous so I asked Kyle to grab me
a bag (they leave seasickness bags scattered around the ship for easy
accessibility). Kyle did grab a bag but instead of handing it to me he had to
use it himself!
We pretty much lied in bed all day. Dozing here and there.
Most passengers were doing the same. All mandatory meetings were cancelled
knowing that most passengers wouldn’t be able to make it. We made a few brief
outings from the room. One for lunch where we ate only bread and French fries.
Twice that day we sat in on a couple lecture presentations. We made an appearance
for dinner as well where it was funny to see the staff with their plates piled
high compared to the guests who were eating very little. Everyone went to bed
early and prayed for calmer waters.
No comments:
Post a Comment