Friday, March 13, 2009
Queenstown & Mt Cook
Queenstown is a tourist town in the Southern Alps. Its the adventure capital of New Zealand with tons of crazy things to do. Its a really cool town & seems like it could fit anywhere along the Rock Mountains as it certainly has that ski town vibe. We arrived Wednesday & stayed for 2 nights. Ashley & I did not partake in any of the crazy mad activities. She tried to skydive but it got cancelled due to the weather. Instead we just caught up with friends. Omri, our Israeli pal who we met in Wellington, was passing through. On top of that our friends Todd (English guy I met in Welly) & Andy (my Washington D.C. friend I traveled with my first month here) are both currently living & working in Queenstown. It's really awesome that I have friends all over this country, & once we all go back home I'll have friends all over the world.

On the drive from Queenstown to Christchurch today we passed by Mt. Cook. This is the tallest mountain in New Zealand & is said to be harder to climb than Mt. Everest. Sir Edmund Hillary trained here before he climbed Mt. Everest. For those who may not know Hillary was the first person to reach the top of Mt. Everest & is a Kiwi hero.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE that picture of you!!
ReplyDeleteMiss you!