Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Burgerfuel

Last night Geneva, Andy & I had an authentic Kiwi meal at Burgerfuel. Founded in 1995 it is an authentic New Zealand original burger chain. Now its nothing like McDonald's or Burger King. These are made fresh when you order & come with lots of this aioli sauce (a Kiwi classic).

Being the vegetarian I am I ordered a Combustion Vege. The pattie was made of sunflower seed, chickpea, cumin and conander, and topped with avacado, peanut sauce, salad (lettuce), aioli sauce & relish. It was weird, and not all that good. The spud fries were great. They also come with a side of aioli sauce. Aioli sauce (according to wikipedia) is a sauce made of garlic and olive oil with egg. We decided it tasted like mayonnaise mixed with tartar sauce. Again I was not a fan, but obviously Kiwi's love it cuz it comes on everything at Burgerfuel.

Have no fear. I have found a Kiwi original concoction that rocks. Their soft drink Lemon & Paeroa (L & P) is really great! Again according to wikipedia it is traditionally made by combining lemon juice with carbonated mineral water from the town of Paeroa, it is now manufactured by multi-national Coca-Cola. They're slogan is "World famous in New Zealand since AGES ago."

http://www.burgerfuel.com/flash.html
http://www.landp.co.nz/

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember that being in the world sodas section of the Coca-Cola museum. I would have tried it. It couldn't have been any worse than those bitter ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food sounds different, maybe cause it was vegetarian food. But the atmosphere sounds cool, and you know darling it is all about the atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete