Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sweet as bro!

Today is my first full day in Auckland. I had orientation at the IEP Work Abroad Office. That was information overload. It left me with tons to do & tons I wanted to do! For example I'm thinking of doing a bus tour that goes all around the country & you get off at different spots to do awesome things like bungee jump or zorb.















This is me in Nadi, Fiji getting on my plane to Auckland (yesterday). Note the gorgeous mountains in the background.



















This is my hostel, Base ACB (Auckland Central Backpackers). Last night my roommates were 3 Scottish girls. We'll see who my roommates are tonight (cross your fingers they're cool).



















This is the Sky Tower. It is 328 metres tall making it the 12th tallest tower in the world (taller than the Eiffel Tower in Paris or Sydney's AMP Tower). As a symbol of Auckland this structure incorporates the crazy fun Kiwi residents participate in. Not only can you walk on a platform edge outside of the tower (harnessed in of course), you can also bungee jump off of it. (http://www.skycityauckland.co.nz/Attractions/Skytower.html)

I still need to set up my bank account & a few other things, but we'll see what hapnes. My friends & I are talking about going to the Bay of Islands this weekend so things are looking awesome.

4 comments:

  1. What's a zorb?

    Glad you're making friends already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note: the half naked men in the billboard in the background of your picture in Nadi, Fiji. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you signed up to walk the platform of the Sky Tower?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Last night my roommates were 3 Scottish girls."

    Make out?

    ReplyDelete