Saturday, January 31, 2009

Zorbing!

Maketu to Taupo – Zorb!
From Maketu we first stopped at the Giant Kiwifruit at a Kiwifruit plantation to all take some photos.Gradually as we stopped throughout the day we dropped people from the bus off and our group got smaller. It was sad to see them go but new people got on as well.

Our next big stop was Rotorua. This is where we did the zorbing. Andy & I did the Hydro Zorb. This is a giant inflatable ball filled with water. We jumped in & started walking in the ball, which is what pushes it off the ledge. We hardly were standing two seconds when we fell crashing down on each other. Down the hill we went flipping over each other going backwards and sideways. I couldn’t see anything outside the ball, but green grass & I had to keep wiping my eyes because half the time they were getting splashed with water. It was such a hoot. I absolutely loved it!














Then we went into the town of Rotorua for lunch & headed on to Taupo. Checked into the hostel. Andy & I are staying here two nights. All our bus mates leave tomorrow morning though. I think we’re bungying tomorrow! More to come soon. Sorry I haven’t had Internet the last few days to post anything. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! Reminds me of that hamster, Peaches, we had!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, so there were two of you in that thing? How did neither of you catch an elbow in the eye while tumbling around?

    ReplyDelete