Saturday, January 31, 2009

Spontaneity is my new best friend!

Monday we got back to Auckland from the beach weekend in Paihia. I had planned to stay at a hostel in Auckland for a week while I looked for a job, but by Tuesday at 11:00 am I had already made plans to leave for Wellington the next morning. Here’s how I came to this conclusion.

- Everyone I’ve spoken to has been telling me that Auckland stinks, and if I have to live in a city Wellington is the plac
e to be.
- I made some friends on the Paihia trip who live in Wellington.
- My friend from Marietta (Chris) will be in Wellington.
- Why not?


Tuesday Andy & I were in the Work Abroad Office & I was job hunting. Then Andy tells me that she is leaving for Wellington the next day at 7:30 am so I said ‘What the heck. I’m going to Wellington!’ I booked a trip on the Stray Bus again & Andy & I left Wednesday morning 7:30 am.

Only 1 night left in Auckland?!
With suddenly only one night left in Auckland Andy & I made quick plans to get our Auckland Tourist fix. First we went to the SkyTower. And I walked around Ponsonby Rd. I had read this was a hip place to go (with cool bars and cafes), but I was not really impressed. That night we went to Trivia at Father Ted’s Pub with some friends from the Stray Bus. Hope no one from FTW minds that we borrowed the Youngbloods title. We won first place & $100 so let’s just say the Youngbloods are doing well even internationally! We all had a super fun time there and didn’t get much sleep before we caught the Stray Bus again.


No comments:

Post a Comment