Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Christchurch

Things are going well in Christchurch. It’s a cute little city with lots of parks and cathedrals. So far we’ve toured the main Cathedral, walked the botanic gardens and taken the gondola to the top of a large hill. The countryside here is full of rolling hills, which are quite nice, but I prefer the beaches.



The coolest thing we’ve seen thus far though has to be the Dyslexia Discovery Exhibit. It is an outdoor sculpture garden that visualizes the struggles and accomplishments of those who have dyslexia. It had beautiful art and it was interesting to learn the hardships the artist had endured. Its been so fun hanging out with Toph, Emily & Ashley. Saturday we go our separate ways. Ashley & I are hoping on the Stray bus & going to Kaikoura. Toph & Emily are going south to Dunedin.
For those of you wondering when I’m getting a job, be patient. I will work after the Stray trip. I figure I have my whole life to work why not travel while I can. I’ll let you all know when the job hunt starts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment