Friday, February 27, 2009

Fudge & Rugby - what a great day!

We had a fun last day in Christchurch today. Ashley, Toph & I went to the Fudge Cottage in the Art Center. It was insane. It’s the only fudge tour in New Zealand and you sure get your moneys worth. They have samples for you to try and its all you can eat! Trust me, you can’t eat that much fudge. After 3 pieces the sugar was too much yet I proceeded to sample everyone kind at least once – I must have ate 20 pieces of fudge. I felt so sick afterwards. It was really neat to watch them make it right before our eyes & we even got to try some fresh, hot fudge. Mmmm…

Tonight I met up with James, a TCU friend. He, Ashley & I went to a Canterbury Crusaders rugby match. It was my first live rugby experience & it was awesome! I was so excited & took tons of photos. I don’t know much about the game, but James was able to fill me in on most things. It was very similar to American sporting events; it had things like the wave, kiss cam, and cheerleaders. The announcer hardly made any commentary though & the game moved very quickly. The Crusaders were playing the Hurricanes from the Wellington region. We left early, but the Hurricanes were kicking butt when we left so I'm pretty sure they won. It was loads of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap your seats look like they were awesome!! Right down on the pitch. Remarkable!

    ReplyDelete