Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Flexibilty is key.

Had a crisis last night. I could not find a single hostel in Wellington for this weekend (the 5th – 7th) because there is a rugby tournament called the Sevens going on here. I was freaking out –and didn’t know what to do. My friend Elly (a Stray Bus Mate) has been living in Wellington for the last nine months so I ran to her. She was able to help me find some other hostels but they were all full too. I ended up booking in these towns just north of Wellington on the west coast. So I will not be here in Wellington long before I have to clear out for the weekend. I may look for work on the coast if I like the towns. One of them, Paraparaumu, seems like it could be alright. My Lonely Planet guide said it’s the second fastest growing city in New Zealand. I'll be on the beach so that's great! We’ll see how it goes. I'm ready to get settled in one place though.

3 comments:

  1. Cool beans Sarah! How does it feel when you can't find a place to crash? Kinda rough huh?

    Bo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!! Something will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. man you seem to work well under pressure, your tough sarah.

    ReplyDelete