Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Toph's Arrival
Yesterday Toph arrived! He is my friend from Marietta. I was so excited for him to arrive. He was supposed to come in Tuesday, but his flight to LA was delayed & he had to postpone the whole trip one day.
I met him at 6 and we just caught up sitting on a bench over looking the harbor. Then we went to dinner with my friends Andy, Ashley & Greg. Greg is also going to Victoria University with Toph so I was happy to introduce them (They're both doing study abroad here). I wanted to take him to an authentic Maori restaurant for dinner that Andy & I had read about in the Lonely Planet book. When we got to the place though – well the address the book gave – the restaurant wasn’t there. Some other restaurant was in its place. We decided to eat at a Mongolian BBQ place. It was good, but it wasn’t Maori food. Toph was a little jet lagged & the rest of us were just tired so we called it an early night. I’m so glad Toph is here now though. It’s like a little piece of home just arrived today. I can’t wait for our adventures to begin! We’re already planning to go to Christchurch Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment