Friday, February 6, 2009

Paraparaumu

I spent yesterday in Paekakariki. Here are some photos.

Today I went to Paraparaumu - another beach town just north of Paekakariki. I started applying for jobs today. Positions in Wellington though not Paraparaumu. This town is nice, but its not me. It'd be a fantastic place to raise a family though - tons of parks & kids everywhere. I had a wonderful time walking & lying on the beach today. I find my mind very clear when I'm alone on the beach. Got to spend more time thinking about me, life and my future. The beach and the weather are not as nice here, but I love anywhere that a seemingly endless body of water meets sand beneath my feet. Here is a picture of the Paraparaumu beach outside my hostel.

Today is Waitangi Day - the anniversary of the Maori & British signing the Waitaingi Treaty. I have not seen much celebration though because everyone seems so excited & caught up with the Sevens rugby tournament. I am going to go to Wellington tomorrow with some girls I met here to check out the maddness.

1 comment:

  1. dude i totally new it was Waitangi day!! it is on my calender, i was going to look it up i just haven't had time to. guess i don't have to anymore, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete